Thursday, November 29, 2007

Getting started...

Not too long ago I had the opportunity to watch a reedited version of The Thief by Garrett Gilchrist, the Recobbled Cut. I had not watched the film since it was released on video years ago. Many people in the animation industry are familiar with the film's history, but it can also easily be researched now on the internet. Watching it in this reedited version reminded me of all the things I still love about it. At the same time I became aware of Mark Mayerson's mosaics, where he breaks down old Disney films and shows us who animated which scene. I thought it might be nice to do s.th. like that with The Thief.
I asked some of my friends who also worked on the film if they would like to join in: Andreas, Dietmar and Michael. We all got hired at the same time and sometimes were referred to as "the Germans". The idea is that we will take turns posting about the work on the film. I would like to invite anybody, but especially people who worked on it to contribute to the discussion with comments.

3 comments:

David said...

This is a great idea for a blog .

I hope many of the people who worked on The Thief will drop by to contribute their comments and memories .

(and if anyone has pencil tests on film or video, get those things transferred to digital ASAP , and it would be great to see the pencil tests ! )

Ethan_Hall_2006 said...

Thank you for doing this.

Tobias Schwarz said...

great idea. looking forward to seeing more!